Your Doctor or Practice Nurse can refer you to a HIP or HC. You can usually be seen on the same day. Those who want a follow-up consult with a HIP or HC can arrange this by phoning reception.
This is a FREE service for patients enrolled with Chadwick Healthcare
A registered Health Improvement Practitioner (HIP) is based in our service.
A HIP can see people of all ages and stages of their lives and help with any type of issue related to behaviour change or mental wellbeing.
A typical consultation with a HIP will take about 30 minutes and focuses on the problem that concern you most on the day.
Health Coaching is a way of helping you gain the knowledge, skills, tools and confidence you need to take an active part in your own health care. It can help you reach your health goals.
The HC will support the individual with 2-5 regular appointments.
For Immediate Danger or Emergencies Call - NZ Police 111
He aha te mea nui o te ao
He tangata, he tangata, he tangata
Whakatauki (Maori proverb)
(What is the most important thing in the world? It is the people, it is the people, it is the people)
Eight sleep hints:
1. Set a consistent sleep schedule. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, give or take 20 minutes, including weekends.
2. Create a relaxing bedtime/pre-bedtime routine ie: warm bath, reading a book, listening to relaxation apps.
3. Keep your room cool and comfortable. Mattress and pillows should feel really comfy, allowing your body to settle down and relax.
4. Unplug an hour before bed. Screens and sleep are incompatible. Keeping screen use to a minimum, at least an hour before bed, is essential for sound sleep.
5. Stay clear of stimulants late in the day. Avoid beverages and foods that contain caffeine — coffee, non-herbal tea, chocolate etc.
6. Alcohol generally produces poor quality sleep.
7. Food too close to bed time can interfere with sleep.
8. Dim the lights after dark.
(Resource - headspace app)
Easy booking is now available to all our registred patients. Easy booking is for non-urgent GP or Nurse Appointments, if you require an extended appointment or other services e.g. drivers medical please call our reception team.